Virtual communities make a difference, especially during a pandemic where people are unable to meet and interact in person. Slack is a real gold mine when it comes to finding inspiring peers who share similar data science joys and challenges.
That’s why we have put together our favorite data science Slack workspaces that you should not miss out in order to keep ahead of the latest conversations on data science, AI and machine learning research, applications, job offers and events. Hope you find them fun and valuable!
Did we miss a community? Let us know in this Twitter thread and we'll add it to the list.
- Watson Developer Community (WВC) (14,152): IBM Watson Developers
- Data Science Salon (2,200): The official slack channel for Data Science Salon and DSSelevate community. The vibrant online community for data science managers and practitioners features hosted chats on data science, facilitated networking, industry announcements and event discounts.
- Data Reliability Engineering Community (DRE CON): Community for data engineers and scientists to talk about data reliability problems and best practices.
- Convergence: Slack chat for the MLOps community.
- R-Team for Data Analysis (2,590): Global chat for learning and exploring the R data analysis tool
- Data Scientists (n/a): Data scientists, data warehouses, and BI-related things.
- Spark NLP (2,900): Natural language processing focused Slack community, covering all NLP related topics.
- AI Researchers and Enthusiasts (10,000): A channel for researchers on artificial intelligence.
- AI ML Data Science Lovers (1,700): General chat on machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- TWIML Community (n/a): Global network of machine learning, deep learning and AI practitioners and enthusiasts. Members exchange info, tips, ideas and assistance.
- DataTalks.Club (13,300): A global place to talk about data to talk about analytics, machine learning, and engineering as well as to ask career questions and discuss career options.
- MLOps Community (9,300): MLOps announcements, jobs, questions answered, news and events.
- PyLadies (8,400): An international mentorship group with a focus on helping more women become active participants and leaders in the Python open-source community.