Virtual communities make a difference, especially during a pandemic where people are unable to meet and interact in person. Slack is a real gold mine when it comes to finding inspiring peers who share similar data science joys and challenges.
That’s why we have put together our favorite data science Slack workspaces that you should not miss out in order to keep ahead of the latest conversations on data science, AI and machine learning research, applications, job offers and events. Hope you find them fun and valuable!
Did we miss a community? Let us know in this Twitter thread and we'll add it to the list.
- Kaggle Noobs (4,500): Active group that talk about algorithms and a multitude of coding problems.
- Watson Developer Community (WВC) (14,152): IBM Watson Developers
- Data Science Salon (1,500): The official slack channel for Data Science Salon and DSSelevate community. The vibrant online community for data science managers and practitioners features hosted chats on data science, facilitated networking, industry announcements and event discounts.
- Verta Community (290): Slack chat for the MLOps community.
- R-Team for Data Analysis (2,590): Global chat for learning and exploring the R data analysis tool.
- Data scientist/spark ml group (n/a): Discussions on data science and machine learning by Apache Spark, Python Scikit-Learn, Scala Breeze, R or any other topics on big data domain.
- Data Scientists (n/a): Data scientists, data warehouses, and BI-related things.
- Spark NLP (1,000): Natural language processing focused Slack community, covering all NLP related topics.
- Deep Learning by Udacity (17,075): Active Deep Learning community by Udacity.
- AI Researchers (2,242): A channel for researchers on artificial intelligence.
- ML-AI (578): General chat on machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- TWIML Community (n/a): Global network of machine learning, deep learning and AI practitioners and enthusiasts. Members exchange info, tips, ideas and assistance.
- AI-ML-Data Science Lovers (995): A place for data scientists and ML experts to share tips and look for projects.
- AI Researchers and Enthusiasts (6,900): A forum for all levels of research in artificial intelligence.
- Dataparis (604): A workspace to share experiences on large scale data processing and distributed systems related topics.
- H2O (n/a): Discuss H2O, AI technologies and teaching them in the academic Slack channel.